Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have been scrumming without realizing it

Working in a small software team you often do not have perspective on what fancy names workflows have come to have. I read through the scrum article and seems surprisingly like the ad-hoc stuff I have been doing.

I like wearing many hats, but I realize now that they are all "pig" hats. I am fully committed to developing the solution and constantly under brownian motion from the chicken pecking me with requirement creep and feedback and forecast requests on the status. I would like to lock down the scrum and move forward, I want a referee who resets it when we spin. Teams need a strong scrum-master, I do enjoy being the pig and not willing to switch.

1 comment:

Jordi Inglada said...

Cool.

The OTB development uses a mix of XP, Scrum, and anarchy (the latter under a former benevolent dictator).